If you’re thinking about buying a home, you can save a lot of time and effort by considering these 11 questions before you meet with a real estate agent. These questions not only give shape to your desire to buy a home, but they ensure your meeting with an agent will be productive. These questions will help not only you but the agent in making buying your next home with Confidence.
- How long have you been actively searching to buying home?
- What is the buying time that you have allowed yourself?
- What type of home are you looking for? Condo? Single-family? Property? Restrictions? Etc.
- What family needs do you currently have? How do you think that will change in the next few years?
- How many homes have you seen so far?
- What are you looking for that you haven’t found yet? Bedroom Size? Square Footage? Etc.
- What is your present living situation? Rent? Own? Living with?
- Are you looking at new homes and need to sell a home before you buy your next home?
- What is your comfort zone in terms of price? Or to look at it a different way: What sort of monthly payment is within your budget?
- Have you looked into financing for buying a new home?
- Is there anything in particular you are looking or need to be close to? (I.e. job, other family members, major airports, etc.)
Thinking these are a lot of questions and you may not have all the answers to them. That is normal, we provide time to help you with the tough questions. So, we would be glad to walk you through any questions and to help you understand, or what the implications of what your answers would be. There is no right or wrong answer EXCEPT, the one that is BEST for you and your family! Give us a call and one of the agents will be glad to help.